Nov 14, 2017
Episode #62B: Licence To Impact with Louise Aitken and
Chris Blues. #62A/part one here - published last week.
Podcasts | Overcast iOS
| twicepodcast.com | Pocket
Some of the many topics covered:
- What is our licence to impact?
- What drives the value for the social entrepreneur?
- On constructive conflict
- On not having a career plan but taking opportunities
- Suffering at the expense of not making decisions aligned to
- Being possible to go outside of the resources you have
- Surrounding yourself with people you feel energised by
- Facilitating well-governed, profitable, social impact
- Navigate the conversation to facilitate the answer - what is
the support they need to find what’s right for them?
- Employment for all
- Did I add to my brand or did I detract from my brand?
- Private gain in relation to social enterprise
- ‘Gardeners for the social enterprise space to flourish’
This packed 38min episode (+bonus 20mins at the end) covers all
these questions, statements and much, much more. Settle in, or go
for a walk, and let Lou and Chris audibly inspire you.
Episode sponsors: BizDojo Wellington, Collider Wgtn
Show notes and links:
Craft beer #2: Red Rocks
Reserve – Garage Project
Creative HQ - New Zealand's
Chris quoting Hayek - ‘more gardeners not architects’
Friedrich Hayek -
Attributed to George R.R. Martin:
Quote by George R.R. Martin: "I think there are two types of
Programme - Provided by Fonterra and Sanitarium
principle - Wikipedia
Balancing profitability and social impact - someone has to
suffer, or can everyone win?
Doing good: At what cost? – Silvia Zuur – Medium
Beer Co. (@kakarikibeerco) • Instagram photos and videos
Let My People Go Surfing - Patagonia
New Home - Embercombe
Mac Home - Mac
Superior Beverages - East
Q: Analogue object?
Social Enterprise World Forum 2018 | British Council
Ākina Foundation website
Whare Aki - Social
Enterprise resources + support, by Ākina Foundation
Past Ākina Foundation episodes:
Louise Aitken: Twitter
@LouAitken | Ākina website bio |
Chris Blues: Ākina website bio
twice podcast | Twitter @twicepodcast
Rebecca Stewart: Twitter
@Bo_Recka | Instagram @Bo_Recka
David Binstead | Twitter
'twice' listen: iTunes
| Pocket Casts
| Instagram |
YouTube | Patreon | Facebook
- #63: Miriam and Marty from Papa Taiao
Earthcare, a Wellington-based sustainability development
#SocEnt dedicated to improving outcomes for local community and
environment +Sarah from Coliberate. Publishing in two parts from
- We’re already scheduling guests out to mid-February 2018. Know
a NZ-based social enterpriser you’d like to hear featured on a
future show drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org (including
their contact details) and we’ll see what we can
‘twice’: Two weeks in creative endeavour shares stories and
journeys to now of people making positive dents on society. Our
guests share insights and learns from their now, and we poke, prod
and tease good-naturedly to reveal some of how they got there,
usually interspersed with tasting and rating craft beer.
Fortnightly (or more often) from Wellington, Aotearoa/New Zealand,
since August 2015.
#62B: Licence To Impact | Hosted, independently produced
Binstead 2017 all rights reserved.