‘twice’: two weeks in creative endeavour
Social impact founder stories and journeys to now
With thousands of unique (and regular) listeners spread across New Zealand and the world, we showcase guests making a positive dent on society, through social impact and enterprise. Our focus is capturing, revealing and sharing founder stories and journeys to now of social enterprisers, creatives and innovators building better outcomes for all.
We are a two year young ‘love not money’ digital radio show led by David Binstead, having grown far beyond a six episode pilot in August 2015.
He is stoked to be supported by BizDojo, Collider Wellington and Wellington City Council; and to be showcasing the people and organisations confronting big problems with sustainable, people-centred solutions.
David independently produces each tightly edited episode. These are crafted from longer, informal conversational style interviews as he reckons this reveals the most compelling and interesting content, although it’s the hardest and most time-consuming to edit.
We currently run publish three different types of show (soon to be four!):
- ‘The Full Monty’: 60 minute long-form shows featuring 2 guests, topics, refreshments and co-hosts; with new episodes publishing every two weeks. These are our signature long-form episodes; it’s what we do! Each tightly edited conversation is its own unique snowflake of laughter and thought-provocation, and will likely make you thirsty too (or your money back...).
- Examples: Pretty much every show we’ve published in the last year.
- Topical sub-series on a theme, like the recent #Election17 specials with senior NZ-politicians. Here, David scheduled time to chat one on one about #SocEnt perspectives and policy from Labour, The Greens, National, and NZ-First.
- ‘PointFives’: 30 minute shorter-form episodes - getting behind the facade with people delivering incredible social and cultural happenings, or where circumstances or guest scheduling forces it on us. Examples:
- *New* Event specials: You may have discovered us via the 2017 Social Enterprise World Forum, where we are recording daily short-form panel shows publishing daily on digital and terrestrial networks.
- Bec Stewart - from Pomegranate Kitchen, a #SocEnt catering company employing cooks from a refugee background
- Jen O’Sullivan - improv. superstar, theatre producer and currently Masters in Creativity student
- Caitlin McKay - all-round marcomms supremo at BizDojo
- Jack Chapman - videographer and ex-adman
- David Binstead - show creator, producer, editor, guest wrangler and dreamer
Fortnightly founder stories/journeys to now with social enterprisers, creatives and innovators from New Zealand.
‘twice’ (Two weeks in creative endeavour). Social impact founder stories and journeys to now of social enterprisers, creatives and innovators. 2x guests (usually), topics, co-hosts, refreshments and weeks. Broadcasting to the world from Wellington New Zealand.
Listen: Apple Podcasts/iTunes | twicepodcast.com | Pocket Casts | Overcast | RSS
Connect: Twitter | Instagram | YouTube *new* | Patreon | Facebook (unmonitored)